The management team has extensive experience in multi-asset global trading stemming from the successful build and sale of an automated quantitative trading firm to one of the worlds largest banking groups. After ensuring a smooth transition of ownership and taking a well deserved break, they have now set out to do it again – but this time they are setting up offices around the world.
The success of the firm is based on three fundamentals: cutting edge technology, outstanding quantitative research and proven trading strategies that net exceptional results. They hire people who are both academically brilliant but also exceptionally creative.
The firm is looking for a Compliance Business Partner who truly understands the compliance framework required to run a multi-asset high frequency trading business and take ownership of all aspects of their regulatory obligations. It is likely you would assume the CF10 & CF11 responsibilities very quickly.
• Ensure that the firm operates in compliance with FSA and other applicable laws and regulations
• Review and supervise the firm's daily transactions
• Represent the firm in contacts with the FSA and other regulators, including managing regulatory examinations and inquiries
• Assist in the investigation of employee conduct with regard to violations of firm policy and procedures and regulatory requirements
• Perform routine and ad-hoc trade surveillance
• Prepare and maintain current regulatory filings
• Identify, develop, organise, and deliver necessary compliance related training, and reinforce compliance-related communications
• Maintain and update Policies and Procedures, and keep abreast of applicable existing, new and pending laws and regulations
• Work closely with the Trading, Technology, Operations and Finance departments to assist with the implementation of compliance programs
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Candidates must have a broad knowledge of regulated entities and compliance, regulated business environments and key regulatory issues especially as they relate to proprietary trading.
• The candidate must also have a balance of both strong technical skills, with particular emphasis on knowledge and practical application of securities laws, regulations and procedures. The candidate should be a "decision maker" in his/her current organisation and not purely a "technician".
Specific qualifications include the following:
• Bachelor's degree is required. A post graduate qualification in Law, Accounting or Finance would be preferential (MSc, MBA, ACA, LPC etc.)
• Extensive experience working in a financial services organization that deals with principal / proprietary trading
• Strong working knowledge of the securities industry and applicable rules and regulations within the current regulatory environment
• The ability to identify conflict situations and resolve them fairly and quickly, while using well-developed influencing skills to work effectively across multiple teams and establish a cooperative environment
• The ability to quickly identify gaps or risk exposures in a compliance system and to develop and implement strong checks-and-balances
• Understands business issues and makes sound business judgments; implement and follow through on strategies to deliver results
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate compliance and regulatory changes into the implications for business process and control environment
• Excellent inter-personal relationship skills
• Excellent project management skills