Our Banking & Capital Markets Regulatory Compliance Team has an excellent external reputation for providing high quality, innovative regulatory advice and solutions to help major financial services firms implement the weight of new FSA regulatory provisions under the revised "intrusive" approach. Our particular areas of specialisation include retail banking, commercial and investment banking, wealth management and custody firms. Our areas of expertise include AML, Conduct of Business, Client Money, Enforcement, Prudential, Sanctions and Transaction Reporting regulation and legislation, based upon 20 years + of senior level experience. Our client base includes some of the most prestigious names in the banking and investment banking sectors.
We provide services such as:
- Regulatory project advice and implementations (covering topics such as complex client money processing, conduct of business, ICAAP/ILAA challenge, liquidity, significant shareholding and transaction reporting, etc);
- Benchmarking reviews of compliance arrangements against competitors;
- Shadow Section 166/Section 166 exercises and follow up of remediation;
- Assistance for firms in seeking FSA authorisations and full support for initial regulatory procedure writing ;
- Pre-ARROW visit preparation work and pre/post visit remediation work;
- Risk and governance reviews of organisations, their plans and their structures, often reporting to board level;
- Ad hoc work on transaction support, individual financial rule interpretations and individual "hotline" advice.
We are seeking an expert on prudential regulatory issues, with significant experience of banking/investment banking FSA prudential and regulatory reporting requirements. The individual will have acted as a regulatory expert in the banking/investment banking industry (eg. a senior member of a regulatory reporting team) or will have similar credential from working as an industry consultant in the prudential regulatory sphere. Strong knowledge of BIRPU and SUP 16 Annex 24 and 25 rules is a must. The individual needs to have the ability to provide expert technical support on individual transactions, financial rule interpretations and individual "hotline" advice. The candidate will also need to demonstrate experience of FSA complex model approvals for market and credit risk and an ability to translate their expert knowledge into clear, action orientated client support.
Significant experience of working in a bank or investment bank finance department, experience of working for relevant regulator departments (eg. FSA banking, capital markets, prudential risk or prudential policy departments) or a similar role in a big 4 accounting firm regulatory compliance team.
- Detailed technical knowledge of BIPRU and predecessor rules, including complex model approvals;
- Knowledge of emerging market practices and new regulation/legislation from Basel Committee, CEBS and EU regulation and directives;
- Ability to provide considered views, interpretation and impact assessment of current and emerging BIPRU/Basel regulations on operations of Financial Services institutions;
- Ability to work under own initiative and in many different and challenging environments;
- Strong presentation, business writing and professional standards;
- Client centric, flexible and client service orientated approach; and
- Strong people management skills and experience of/enthusiasm for developing and managing a team of professional staff.