A role model and a recognised leader in our business
The Operations Excellence practice focuses on the full life cycle of operations transformation: from Target Operating Model design through to Operations Transformation delivery and implementation.
Working closely alongside the Directors and Partners, you'll have two unique opportunities. The first is to make a difference by really influencing and shaping the strategic development of our team. The second is to learn from the best in our Business.
You'll be a subject matter expert leading multiple, high-profile projects and bids, whilst developing innovative thought leadership. You'll recruit the best people, coach and support them whilst driving activity such as proposition development and marketing.
Assignments will be focused across the full spectrum of the retail banking industry and will include:
- Operating model design and delivery
- Process Transformation
- Cost Reduction
- Risk and Regulation
Your main role will be to:
- deliver programmes
- lead client relationships and manage key stakeholders
- guide, manage and lead team members
- actively manage key risks and issues
- develop and grow the retail banking practice
- lead and shape the retail banking team
To qualify you must possess:
- Relevant experience within a major retail bank, building society or consulting firm directly involved in delivering change across the value chain
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the UK retail banking industry and market.
- Track record in managing the successful delivery of large, complex programmes/engagements on time and within budget
- Proven ability to structure and develop and deliver transformation solutions
- Track record in account development, business and relationship development and the ability to identify and act upon opportunities to build and develop Deloitte's retail banking practice footprint
- Proven ability to understand, mitigate and manage risk.
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to articulate complex ideas to all levels of an organisation, and effectively lead and manage all key stakeholders
- Excellent programme management disciplines
- Ability to lead and direct large and cross functional teams.
- Excellent people management and development skills with a strong focus on team development
- Understanding of operating model concepts, design and analysis
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, BPR techniques and methodologies
- 100% flexibility on travel requirements
As a Senior Manager, your focus will be the leading and delivery of client engagements, driving the development of the OE retail banking practice as well as the development of our internal capability supporting the building of a team, development of propositions and leading the development of thought leadership.
The successful individual will support and drive Deloitte's overall market place eminence, develop and maintain strong long term client relationships and aim to be recognised as a trusted advisor of choice within the UK retail banking sector.
Deloitte senior managers are expected to achieve specific sales and managed revenue goals for the Financial Services / Retail Banking sectors, and manage the sales process in compliance with the Firm's risk management and independence policies.