Deloitte is based in 21 UK locations, with over 12,000 staff nationwide. We are renowned in the marketplace for our innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering an outstanding quality of client service, and enabling our own people to excel in everything they do.
Deloitte's breadth and depth of services make it a leading force in its chosen areas of business - audit, tax, consulting and corporate finance - and it works with clients who vary from owner-managed businesses to large multinational operations. Deloitte takes pride in a long-standing reputation for providing an efficient service, an independent approach and world-class expertise.
Due to a continuing demand for client projects, along with ambitious plans for market growth in the UK, the Customer Management consulting practice has an urgent need to recruit Customer Services professionals to join the Multichannel & Operations team at Senior Manager grade level.
Customer Management Consulting Practice
With over 200 professionals in the UK, the Customer Management practice is the largest and most distinctive provider of customer-centric business solutions in the UK market. Focusing on the three areas of sales, customer services and marketing, we deliver solutions that help our clients maximise the return on their customer investment by aligning spend with their value.
Our capabilities extend over:
· Customer and channel strategy
· Sales / marketing / service capability design
· Strategic operational improvement
· Technology solutions
· Organisational design
· Management of change around the resulting implementations
· We are organised into 4 service areas with supporting teams:
· Marketing & Insight
· Sales & Distribution
· Multi-Channel & Operations (Customer Services)
· Customer Applications & Data
The Multi-Channel & Operations team helps organisations deliver better customer services across multiple customer channels into the organisation. Our team is deployed when an organisation needs to improve the customer experience offered through existing channels, build new channels, create new customer operating models, improve service efficiency, implement new customer-management technology, or set up a new customer service operation. We are experienced in delivering across all channels (telephone, mail, email, internet, social media, branch, etc.) and across all business sectors to enhance the customer experience and deliver world-class customer services, operational efficiency and innovative customer delivery models.
For our Senior Manager grade positions, we expect candidates to focus on leveraging the experiences gained from their consulting or business careers to date and demonstrate the ability to sell and deliver client engagements as part of a larger team.
· Twelve to eighteen months experience gained in management consulting at a Senior Manager grade level, or alternatively, or equivalent within the Customer Services function of major company
· Proven track record of directing and leading the full project lifecycle and/or programme management in a consulting environment with direct responsibility for at least 8 personnel
· Ability to successfully manage and influence project financials, with experience of large budgets (e.g. up to £2m)
· Experience of influencing stakeholders and sponsors, demonstrated by interpersonal excellence with all levels of seniority including up to board level
· Ability to deliver a distinct and compelling point of view about the customer to senior executives during sales and delivery presentations
· Proven leadership capability, evidenced by coaching, mentoring and advising others - both internal and client teams
· Proven eminence in the customer services field, with a record of delivering high-profile and complex change
· Strong business transformation skills with a track record of successful change delivery in challenging environments
· Solid analytical skills with the ability to interpret and 'make the complex simple'
· Leadership (with demonstrable results) in the areas of: practice growth, high performing teams, professional ethics, risk management, methodology creation, commercial development or knowledge management
· Ability to bring buyer-level client relationships and a strong and consistent network into Deloitte through deep account/client experience and focus
· Understanding of the disciplines outside of Consulting (tax, audit, corporate finance) that can be delivered by a professional services firm such as Deloitte
Relevant Customer Services Skills and Experience:
· Specialism and experience in at least one of the following domains of Customer Services:
· Customer service design and implementation e.g. customer experience, target operating model, process re-engineering, organisational models, customer-management technologies
· Contact Centre management and optimisation including technology, telephony, process, agent performance, SLA development and outsourcing
· Self-service solutions such as natural language speech recognition, on-line and mobile solutions
· Social media as an enabler to customer service
· Operational analytics e.g. performance and quality management or speech analytics
· Service-based and hosted multi-channel software solutions (e.g. Siebel, MS Dynamics, Genesys, Workforce optimisation)
Candidates for Senior Manager grade positions should be able to demonstrate a deep understanding, and consistent track record, of working with clients in any one of the following industry sectors:
- Financial Services, and particularly Retail Banking, Retail Investments and Corporate Pensions, Life & Pensions, General Insurance and Wealth Management.
- Private Sector - Retail & Consumer Business, Consumer Commerce and Industry, Pharmaceutical industry or Energy & Utilities
· A university degree or equivalent from a reputable university is essential for this position
· Candidates must be fully flexible in terms of assignment locations as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week on short notice
· Documentary proof will be required from all candidates to confirm they are legally entitled to live and work in the UK