At this time we are looking especially for those with good counterparty credit risk and derivatives experience, to join a growing team.
The person: You are a self-motivated and innovative individual with strong ability and credentials in the following:
- Relevant experience in financial services industry (e.g. banking / capital markets / insurance) in leading the development and implementation of a well developed risk management infrastructure; or in another professional services firm (e.g. big 4, Oliver Wyman, technology / niche consultants), regulators and rating agencies;
- 3 years experience within a consultancy environment would be advantageous;
- Strong academic background;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated knowledge in credit and/or market risk measurement and management;
- Ability to converse with counterparts at financial institutions regarding credit risk management, risk adjusted performance measurement and economic capital topics and current practices;
- Experience in CCR and collateral management processes (design and implementation of risk frameworks regarding improved measurement and control of CCR, CVA programs, management of wrong way risk, eligible collateral valuation);
- Insight on Basel III regulatory reforms impacting credit risk in financial institutions;
- Experience in working with other financial services risk disciplines with clear insights in how a holistic enterprise risk framework should look like;
- Proven ability to effectively motivate a multi-disciplined team;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong relationship building skills essential, both with clients and internally;
- Strong consulting and project management skills;
- Team player, ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Results orientated approach to delivery.
Within the Financial Services practice, the ERS team delivers sustainable benefits to our clients though tailored services across credit risk, operational risk, liquidity and market risk, insurance risk and risk technology; Typical engagements within the credit risk cluster of our ERS team include assisting Investment / Corporate / Commercial / Retail Banks and Asset Management in:
- Designing their end-to-end risk management frameworks, strategies, appetite, methodologies and policies;
- Structuring their governance and organisational architecture and target operating models;
- Appraising and reshaping their credit processes around rating evaluations, sanctioning, decision making, portfolio monitoring, collection and recovery, provisioning and write-offs, debt work-out;
- Managing the Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) arising from their exposure to derivatives and repo transactions (processes around Expected Positive Exposure and Credit Value Adjustments calculations, collateral management, wrong way risk mitigation) We are looking to grow our team further, particularly on CCR Management, as more clients turn to us to provide them with support in improving their risk frameworks, governance and systems.
The Manager role:
- As a Financial Services Risk Manager, you'll build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and develop a portfolio of business by focusing on high impact opportunities. You'll lead presentations and proposals for medium complex projects or elements of highly complex projects, and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals.
- Drawing on your skills and experience, you'll create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership. You'll package overall project findings into clear, concise, high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource on one or more services, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems.
- Driving improvements in business processes, you'll serve as a role model and make sure that project teams understand and comply with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines. As a respected professional you'll communicate effectively with engagement partners and managers and work to motivate high-performing teams, and help staff to build sustainable competencies.
Key client and people responsibilities:
- Help manage financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, fees, and estimates to complete to partners and clients;
- Assist partners and directors with generating new business opportunities and building client and industry experts networks and relationships;
- Understand all service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients;
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other service lines;
- Develop new solutions, contribute to ensuring you and the consultancy are widely recognised as market leaders, through participation in conferences, industry networks and publications;
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff;
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff;
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training FS Risk professionals;
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills;
- Understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff.